Managerial, Social and Environmental Aspects of the Forest-based Sector for Sustainable Development: 40th Anniversary Conference for 4.05.00
1st Announcement - Annual Conference of the IUFRO Unit 4.05 Managerial Economics and Accounting and its subgroups
NEW DATE: 4-6 October 2021!
Venue: Mendel University in Brno, Brno, Czech Republic
The forestry sector is significantly affected by environmental change and other recent challenges. A continuous string of natural disasters increase pressure on forest management scenarios, timber and non-wood forest products trading and pricing, sale policies, labour productivity, and demand and supply responses. These challenges considerably influence the whole value chain.
Forest management, timber and non-timber production, and wood markets are confronted with increasing pressure for enhanced managerial skills, planning, logistics, communication, marketing and analysis. The overproduction and related overall deficient demand for wood products also influence the forest-based sector. A shortage of skilled labour to manage the calamitous situation efficiently is significantly affecting the forest-based sector. In some parts of the world, the challenges and need for transformation in the forestry become even more deeply rooted due to current pandemic, which also notably decreases public interest in forest-related issues.
It is the duty of the forestry professional and scientific community at the national, European, and global levels to analyse the situation and address forestry challenges and to propose steps to stabilise the forest-based and wood sectors.
Following topics will be addressed during the conference:
• Socio-economic development of forestry in national, EU, and global economies;
• Social entrepreneurship, social innovation and corporate social responsibility in forestry;
• Labour market - employment in the forestry sector;
• Data analysis and financial knowledge exchange;
• Forest certification and marketing;
• Bioeconomy related current and upcoming EU policies;
• Economic and accounting approaches to sustainable development in the forestry and wood sectors;
• Socio-economic development of forestry in developing countries;
• History of IUFRO 4.05 Unit – 40th Anniversary.